“Here is some of the best startup advice I’ve heard or given (mostly heard)”, writes Sam Altman. Of the 95 pieces of advice he offers, here are the nine I found most interesting for product managers and product-focused founders:
- Make something people want.
- In the current pivot-happy world, good ideas are underweight. It’s worth the time to think through a good one.
- Obsess about the quality of the product.
- Listen to everyone. Then make your own decision.
- Simple is good. Be suspicious of complexity.
- Most things are not as risky as they seem.
- It’s better to make a decision and be wrong than to equivocate.
- It’s easier to sell painkillers than vitamins.
- Surf someone else’s wave.