When in doubt, or when it’s just not good enough, make an exhaustive list.
– Every successful product in this category that you’ve ever used, and why
– Every reason your current project might not work
– Every reason you can think of to use what you’ve made
The challenge of every is that it’s exhausting. You have to go to the edges, and that act, the act of going beyond the obvious, is where innovation lies.
(1) Making an exhaustive list requires you to write things down; that in itself increases clarity.
(2) Seth Godin’s posts show how you can say much with few words, if you have extreme clarity about the topic or issue.