1. Take care of your physical self.
2. Consider the worst case scenarios and have a plan for them.
3. Always try to do your best work, but know and accept your limits.
4. Try to think as linearly as possible.
5. Don’t accept other people’s timelines as your own.
6. Be extremely protective of your time.
7. Get an assistant.
8. Reverse engineer the life you want to live.
9. Let other people in.
10. Get rid of the people and relationships that drain you.
(1) The only one of these that doesn’t resonate for me personally is “get an assistant”. Perhaps that’s because scheduling is far more onerous for a VC (Charlie is a VC) than for a product-centric CEO.
(2) Cf. How to stay calm under immense work pressure — Jason Lemkin.