Edited excerpt from Customer Interviews: So you’ve decided to take your startup seriously by Tacklebox:
- Are you building a pain killer or a vitamin? Do people need a solution to this problem, or is it a “nice to have”?
- How do customers solve this problem now? What’s the exact process? How do they feel during this process? What are the biggest pain points? Specific products, workarounds, “hacks,” etc.
- How much money/time does this problem cost people now? If you can, get a sense of how much they’d pay to have it solved properly.
- Who has this problem? Establish a persona for the customer who needs your product the most.
- Are you on the right track? Validate your assumptions to this point.
- What is everyone missing? Where are the holes? What are customers missing? What are the products they use lacking?
- Are customers locked into some existing solution? What would it take to get them out of it?
- What would a product look like that made this experience 10x better than what currently exists?